Who helps you when you're afraid?
Laura: Naveen, without question. I've developed some pretty strong anxieties since we moved to Austin, some we can trace to certain triggers, and he always helps to remind me in the moment what is happening, what might have triggered me, walking through the logical steps and trying to find an accepting mindset to allow moving forward and out of the fear, particularly when it is "unreasonable" by normal standards. When I am really afraid, when I have real reasons to be fearful, even in times of doubt and emptiness I still call upon God. Even in my moments of least faith, I hold out a breath of hope that goodness, God will prevail, and everything will be all right.
Naveen: Laura. She reminds me that I should keep going, and shouldn't be afraid. She reminds me about my best qualities and that I should be proud of myself. When you're depressed or hit a problem, it's really easy to just think of the worst aspects of yourself and to think that everything you've ever attempted to do is a sham. It's no mystery, you think of every negative aspect of yourself or your life. It's easy to feel like the lamest person on the planet. But to get reminders of all of the little tiny positive things, it helps put my mind at ease. It reminds me that I'm fine, I'll succeed, I have this job, people say good things about me, so OK, I'm not a total failure, look at all the things I've accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment