Friday, April 24, 2015

April 19, 2015

What music makes you happy? Why?


Laura: I have always liked movie scores. My favorite movie scores make me happy because depending on what state of mind I'm in, I can relive the movie moment, or I can create a new imagined moment with an entirely different storyline but similar tone. I also get really nostalgic about some music from the late 80s and early 90s, and things my parents used to listen to back in the days of records while I was growing up. These days, I mostly listen to pop music on the radio on my way to and from work. It's not always great, but it's usually upbeat and helps distract from the traffic on my commute. For a longer car trip, we usually put together a mix of music that we have come to love together during the span of our relationship. There's a lot of indie stuff in there but a handful of mainstream and some older music as well, and usually no pop. We're also a big fan of comedic music. Anything to uplift, inspire, distract, fill the space when needed.

Naveen: Positive, high energy stuff, like Daft Punk. Modern takes on funk, like Get Lucky. Uptown Funk. First of all I don't like dance music, but I like stuff that has a level of character where the music itself is a singer, whether it actually has lyrics or not, and you can get into a groove with it. It stands out, has a unique voice, has charm, has a real beat and means something.  It puts me in a good mood and fills me with energy. And not just because the tempo is fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment